Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Got a bit of card making done today.

Well after a painless visit to the dentist, today has been rather more profitable craftwise.
 

 

 Made a twisted easel card from my stamping the other day. 
Gosh are twisted easel card difficult to photograph and then cropping them so that all you see is the card is nearly impossible. The purple backing card is upcycled card that was the packaging for some vellum from Create and craft. As soon as I opened the package I thought 'that will be good for mounting some cards'. Have also used some in the card for my daughter, not quite finished, along with some other upcycled bits.







Then I finished an anniversary card for my sister. Been playing with it for a while and was not sure what to do with it, but must post it this evening or early tomorrow so it had to be done. Thought I had cropped this in Picasa but it still seems determined to display with view out of the window behind it.



So here is that view, not today as it is now misty and nearly dark and certainly no snow. This was three years ago but you can get an idea of what we are forced to look at every morning when we open the curtains. Well someone has to!

3 comments:

MaryH said...

Lovely cards. Great idea to use the packaging as a background. Love it when one can recycle & create beauty. Lovely snowy view as well. Brrrr...

Neet said...

Followed you via Shaz in Oz who says you are a new blogger. Certainly not a anew crafter if those delightful cards are anything to go by. Why not pop over to stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk and meet up with lots of other bloggers You will soon have zillions of friends in blogland.
In the meantime 'happy logging'
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.D said...

Thanks Neet, I have been making cards big time for about five years, before that I did dressmaking and beading and other things, but not much in the way of cards, but I have a wonderful friend who encourages me so I have begun to do more card making as dressmaking has faded away. Most of my card making has been of the kind where I am using die cuts and backing papers and ribbons and other embellishments and just arranging them all together to make a card. I am not very comfortable with stamping or colouring or creating my own unique materials with colour, but same friend has been over and we have had 'play' sessions and I am getting a bit more adventurous. Still lacking in confidence so a bit resistant to do more, so bit of a viscious circle. I'm sure I would improve if I practised but discipline is not my big thing.
I have visited stamping ground a number of times and today I have done my first WOYWW.
I find it wonderful looking at other peoples' blogs but it can become very time consuming, so have to be careful I don't spend all day admiring their beautiful creations.
God Bless
Chris