Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

WOYWW

This should actually be called worktop Tuesday because the pictures were taken before I went to bed on Tuesday, knowing I would not be able to do much on Wednesday before I go out.
I haven't had much time for craft as real work has got in the way. As landlords we have to sort out our properties when tenants leave and the last few days have been spent scrubbing one house from top to bottom ready for another tenant to come in. I wouldn't mind but we did this property thoroughly only eight months ago and the tenant assured us that she had cleaned before she left. All I can say is 'Gosh haven't the spiders been busy over the weekend'. So I have vacuuming ceilings and scrubbing floors and kitchen cupboards until I can hardly move, so when we get home in the evening making cards is the last thing on my mind.I wouldn't mind if she just accepted that it needed more cleaning, but to insist that it was spotless when she left it annoys me.

Anyway to my worktop.




The cards on the desk are ones I have been struggling to get finished for days, I do so much and then can't work out what else to do with them so they gather dust on a pile until I determine that I will finish them, then I get dragged away to do cleaning and they sit there for another week until I put them away again to do something urgent.The blue one with the butterfly has been around for at least two months and I just can't decide what to do with it.
On the right of the picture are some Britannia dies I fell for when I saw them advertised in a magazine. 
They ones that caught my eye were the words 'Happy', 'Birthday' and 'Christmas' which I thought would be most useful, on the cream and green and orange card I felt that doing the greeting in the same colour really finished the card well. Of course, having bought those three I felt I just couldn't live without 'Thank you' and 'Get Well' and 'Thinking of you' so those are on order too.
 



On the left are some crocheted squares to make a blanket to go in the caravan. Those of you who know British caravans will be aware that they are so often furnished in rather insipid pink and beige upholstery so I have to try to bring more positive colours in without clashing with the background colours. I hope to start assembling the blanket before we go away for the Bank holiday weekend and will try to post a picture next week.




12 comments:

Unknown said...

oh shame...such a bother...but be happy...we have properties in Athens that are standing empty for more than a year now!lovely projects on your desk

glitterandglue said...

Hi there,
Thanks for your visit! See you got some of those cards done since we had our crafting hour. Well done. See you soon. Don't do TOO much scrubbing and polishing.
Margaret

Unknown said...

Lovely dies - I have not seen such tiny greetings before. Have fun in the caravan - I am hoping you don't need the blanket!! WOYWW Hugs to you from Helen 88

ria gall said...

I really feel for you with having to clean up after people leave your property it is so wrong to walk away from a place leaving it a mess and for someone else to tidy.
Loving your cards I hope you get the time and inspiration to finish them soon
Have a great WOYWW today and a fabby week
Ria #21

Krisha said...

I am so glad I am not the only one that has to wait for inspiration for the "next" step in completing a project. As for the cleaning....no thank you I don't clean my own space often enough. I can't imagine what you have seen cleaning other's dwellings. You do have my deepest respect!
Krisha #113

Karen said...

Who can resist the dies when they are so wonderful!!! Love your crochet, makes any place look more homely. I make them for charities and am workin on 1 ply wool at the moment! Happy WOYWW! Karen 127 x

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your messy tenant. Hope you have time to relax and craft. Love the cards, and those dies. Happy crafting#4

Mrs.D said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog. Like you I don't keep my own space spotlessly clean and tidy, but unfortunately if people are moving into property it really is important to me that the house is very clean. Cleaning someone elses mess is bad enough, but having to move into it would be horrid.
Anyway now I am desperately hoping for inspiration for a card for my son in law and one for a friend who is moving back into her house after being flooded out last November.

The Taming of the Glue said...

Some people's ideas of "clean" leave a lot to be desired! Don't overdo it though, take some time out for yourself. I'm sure the crochet blanket will make the caravan much more colourful...and with the weather we're having, should be snuggly as well!
Happy WOYWW. Pam#14

Nikki said...

That's a shame you've been stuck cleaning up someone's else's mess. Those dies look like alot of fun to use never seen this company before but I'm across the pond :) and Yes I am one of those peeps that makes xmas cards all year long I need like 70 of them and silly me I make most of them different for my close friends. Happy WOYWW Nikki #2

Mrs.D said...

Thanks Nikki.
We have finished clearing up the house, and if I am realistic two days cleaning a year is not bad for the income we get from our investments, but it just gets in the way of my plans for crafting.
The Britannia dies, as the name says are British but All Occasions dies are made in US and do similar words, different font, but I am sure you would be able to access them over there. Then you will be faced with the difficulty of deciding which ones you must have and which ones you can't resist.
Chris

Laura said...

It's odd how some people think. I'd be embarrassed to move out of a place and not leave it clean (even though moving is so exhausting and it's the last thing you want to do.) Your butterfly card is so lovely and artistic the way it is -- you could always just put the sentiment on the inside of the card. Hope you have a fun time away. Happy WOYWW (on Thursday) from Laura #154 (bookworm.typepad.com)