Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

WOYWW 217

Well the left push principle had to stop. I had reached the stage where I could no longer use the guillotine without lifting up a pile of papers and finding somewhere to put them while I did the cutting and then piling them back on the guillotine, now with additional scraps of paper I had cut off the current project. It had to be dealt with!!

So I gathered it to the centre of the worktop and slowly worked my way down.
'Oh, I wondered where that had gone',
'I'd forgotten I had that'.,
'I remember why that got pushed, I couldn't decide where to put it, now it has to have a home',
'Part finished project, to be attended to. Add to pile of part finished projects.'
Slowly the left push pile went down, and unfortunately theunfinished project pile grew. I finished a couple of cards as I went along and managed to put then by the filing box for glue to dry and then they can be put away.

 
 However there is still the pile of projects to be dealt with, sorry not a very good picture,and some of them I still have no idea how to proceed. Maybe I can put the them in a box under the bed instead of on the guillotine!

 






And here is a picture showing that the worktop where the pile was, is indeed clear.

Actually you can see some of the projects better in this picture. so I have my work cut out for the next few days, but will try to put pictures of the finished project on here for people to see, and now it is over to Julia's to put this up for peole to read, and to get some poking around other people's worktops.

Just a PS, if anyone else uses Blogger and can tell me how to make it do what I want it to do and not what it wants to do, I'd appreciate you help. It takes me so long trying to get a good presentation and I'm sure there must be a way to do it more easily, effectively and consistently, without all the big gaps.
Blessing 
Chris









13 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Good morning, Chris. Thanks for already visiting - I'm slowly working my way down those who have already been over. Yes, I will wear the brooch... The project? Ah - well, it has only taken four years so far, on and off, so may well be finished soon..
I see your left shove pile had to be dealt with as well. Amazing what goes into it without us knowing, isn't it? Is there a secret left-shove-elf at work, do you think???
Well done on the finished and nearly finished piles. They're growing fast!
Have a good week.
Margaret #9 How did I manage to get that early in the list???

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lol, there are many WOYWWers would could show you a Push it Pile!! Julia, for one! At least you've made a start...now to finish your projects which all look great to me! I don't papercraft at all, so I have to keep my sewing desk clear otherwise there's no room to cut out fabric etc. either that or I'm getting very OCD in my old age ;-)
Hugs, LLJ 20 xx

Winnie said...

There are a great deal of lovely cards and images on your desk! How fun! I know it is time to clear the decks when my floor starts to get piles, and I start tripping over them...I can't stack on my trimmer as it is thin plastic! PS.Love the font you use..So nice! Winnie#65

Sandy said...

Blogger can be tricky before you hit publish, hit preview and you can see what you are going to end up with.. Sometimes the frame that you have it set on, on your blog is not as big as what we do the original typing on. With your picture sizes it moves it around. So you can move it around resize your pictures delete gaps on your original and when you are happy hit publish. Hope that helps.
Love how many cards and projects you are getting done its awesome.
Happy WOYWW
Sandy :) #13

Twiglet said...

Lots of lovely things to snoop there. Sorry - I find Blogger frustrating too - I just seem to find a way I can make it do what I need and no more! x Jo #11

Uniflame said...

Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog :) I love the projects you have going on. I am curious how it will turn out!

Unknown said...

Well done on such a great tidying job, would you like to come and tackle mine?

i do use blogger, but as you will see I dont have much of a clue how to do it I'm afraid.

Lynda #59

Bridget Larsen said...

Some nice cards in your stash. The spaces are probably because you have hit the enter key too many times. When you are in the compose page check out how much space is between lines and delete them. I usually put my photos on their own line and centre it.
If you want more help email me bridget.larsen@gmail.com

Annie said...

I'm a bit late visiting this week....I had a really manic day yesterday with my sewing. Thought I'd call in before today became the same!
It does us all good to have a good clear out at times....have fun finishing off your projects.
Hugs,
A x # 3

Laura said...

Good work on the pile decreasing. I had a finish everything before you are allowed to start anything new rule in place last week.
Laura
53
:)

Eliza said...

Hi Chris you made me giggle when you said the push to the left but you have done a brilliant job in clearing up the space. Now the jobs that have grown pile are known as UFO's Unfinished Objects, put them in a box and promise yourself that you will do 1 a week until you catch up, don't put it under your bed. LOL

You do have a lovely view out your window, looking down on the world.

Happy WOYWW sorry I am returning your visit late, work got in the way and time also ran away.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda XOXO

Oh and poor kitty catching on fire, how horrible.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Happy belated WOYWW!! I see some gorgeous projects coming from under that pile :) Isn't it just so refreshing after the clean up? About blogger: may be you can try to allign the photos "center" and finish your text first and then, after your happy with the whole, just before publishing, you allign the photos differently if you wish to. That way, the text will be alright without the gaps. Check the preview mode to be sure. Hope it will help! Hugs, Wendy #136

Unknown said...

Hello, Im Roberta 110, Im on my 2nd week of this and looking at every ones goodies has really got me doing things..now I cant wait till mine looks nice and tidy. Thanks for letting me peek around. Bright Blessing to you and yours